running setcolor script on bootup

Gary Heston gary at sci34hub.UUCP
Fri Jul 13 01:01:10 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jul11.123256.939 at nstar.uucp> larry at nstar.uucp (Larry Snyder) writes:
>yet placing this script in /etc/rc.d doesn't work since the
>consoles are not initiated as of yet - where could I put this
>script so that it executes right after the various consoles
>are initialized?

/etc/rc.d is a holding place for initializing scripts. They're executed
from /etc/rc0.d, or /etc/rc2.d, where they're linked to start or kill
names. Link your script in rc.d to rc2.d/S95script, and init will
execute it towards the end of setting up init level 2. The names in
the numbered rc.d directories follow the form:

   {KS}[00-99]name

Where:

	K or S indicates Kill or Start the process, daemon, etc.

	00-99 is a two-digit sequence number that init uses to
		decide when each of the scripts is run.

	name  is a reference name for your convenience (acct,
		sendmail, lp, etc.).

If you do a ls -i of /etc/rc.d and /etc/rc2.d, you'll find that
several are linked together.

--
    Gary Heston     { uunet!sci34hub!gary  }    System Mismanager
   SCI Technology, Inc.  OEM Products Department  (i.e., computers)