Interactive and me - An open letter to ISC.

Cy Foughty cfoughty at digi.lonestar.org
Fri Jul 13 02:54:47 AEST 1990

Please don't flame me to hard. OS/2 1.2 provides a much
better solution. Costs less, easier to ADMIN, and needs a
lot less iron. A much richer programming environment and soooo
much easier to connect to a network. I know this is a Unix
based network, but if one evaluates OBJECTIVELY, OS/2 vs. Unix
OS/2 wins in most of the categories, not all, but most. The most
important ones. I am an old Unix man from the v.7 days and most
of my projects have been in Unix. I started looking at OS/2 so I
could tear it to pieces, but before I knew it I couldn't let go
of OS/2. I now have been working on a major OS/2 project for almost
a year; Unix has it's place, but not in the general business world.
Unix is simply not designed for the everyday business user. Do not
just compare programs when looking at OS/2 vs. Unix. For that fact it
shouldn't be "OS/2 vs. Unix". OS/2 is meant for general business and
Unix for scientific and acadamic. The only reason that Unix ever
started becoming popular in general business is that it offered low
cost multi-tasking and networking. It did not offer user friendly-ness.
OS/2 was designed with the general business user in mind. Let Unix
have it's market and let OS/2 take it's place in the general business
world. This controversy only comes up when emotions are involved; look
from a logical standpoint and everyone will have a working system.

			Cy Foughty
			Bell:214.519.4237
--
Cy Foughty
DSC Communications, Inc. 1000 Coit Rd., Plano,TX 75075