SCO UNIX - intermittent login problem

Ray Shwake shwake at raysnec.UUCP
Fri Jul 6 01:01:41 AEST 1990

Though I've had the UNIX component of Open Desktop installed for about
four months, in the last week I've twice encountered the following problem:

I try to login, but instead of seeing the password prompt, I see:

	Cannot obtain database information on this terminal

... and another login prompt. ALL virtual terminals, plus the dial-in port
are affected, and it affects both root and non-root users. The only
solution is to reset the system, after which all is copacetic. Ideas?