Wangtek model numbers?

Derek E. Terveer det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG
Sun Jul 15 13:44:12 AEST 1990

In article <11500006 at fthood> egray at fthood.UUCP
 fthood.UUCP!egray    Jul  9 12:33:00 1990 writes:
> I've just about decided to buy a Wangtek 5150ES tape backup, when I saw
> a very good price for a Wangtek model 5150PK.  Now I'm confused...
> Does anyone know what the different Wangtek model numbers mean?
>
> 	5150ES
> 	5150EQ
> 	5150PK

the 5150PK is the kit designator which contains the:

	5150EQ drive
	PC-02 host adapter
	sy-tos software
	cable & mounting kit

Thus, it appears that the EQ is the actual tape drive and the PK is the
complete kit.  I don't know what the ES is.
--
Derek Terveer		det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG