troff & nroff

Chip Rosenthal chip at chinacat.Unicom.COM
Mon Jul 30 12:07:10 AEST 1990

In article <299 at sherpa.UUCP> rac at sherpa.UUCP (Roger Cornelius) writes:
>I am running SCO UNIX but don't need the laser printer capabilities of the
>more expensive packages mentioned.  I basically need to do formatting of
>manual pages for online use and sometimes printing to a dot matrix
>printer. [...] Is anyone using ISC's DWB 2.0 on SCO UNIX?

As I mentioned in my article, I ran the ISC package under XENIX 2.3.  The
problems I encountered were probably due to the coff to x.out conversion.
(I'm hypothesizing that something is going bonkers with the FP emulation.)
It should run just fine for what you want.

>Does it allow you to build your own terminal driver tables as in SCO?

Yes.

>Does the ISC product include online manual pages?

No.

As an aside, I saw SysVr4 last week for the first time.  A *very* nice
aspect is that the unbundling trend is reversing, and I've been told the
license structure encourages shipping an entire package.  This means you'd
get roff in the base package.  I hope when SysVr4 hits the streets, you
indeed find troff and man included.

--
Chip Rosenthal                            |  You aren't some icon carved out
chip at chinacat.Unicom.COM                  |  of soap, sent down here to clean