VP/ix runtime error message

News Administrator news at brian386.uucp
Sat Jul 14 05:57:56 AEST 1990

In article <136 at comtst.UUCP> mdv at comtst.UUCP (Mike Verstegen) writes:
>I have just run a DOS program which caused VP/ix to exit with a run time error.
>This is a non-commercial level program (yet) sent from a potential vendor for
>evaluation and is not guaranteed to be "well behaved" though it does run fine
>directly under DOS.
>
>The following message was repeated twice and then VP/ix exited
>	Runtime error 204 at 0C59:081A.

I believe you will find that error is from the DOS program (looks like
Turbo Pascal to me).  As far as why VP/ix died, I'd like to know why it
does that too.  Also, why does VP/ix give me:

NOTICE: growreg - Insufficient memory to allocate 425902 pages - system call failed

This happens each time I execute a command in Y:\USR\VPIX\UNIXBIN.  I did
discover it only happens when the command exits, so it runs just fine
and sends this crap to me /dev/console.

	brian