Using DC6250's in an archive 2150S/E

Jonathan Bayer jbayer at ispi.COM
Tue Jul 31 22:03:27 AEST 1990

howardl at wb3ffv.ampr.org ( WB3FFV) writes:

>   Hello,

>I was wondering if anybody has tried to use the 3M DC6250 cartridges in
>the Archive 2150S or the 2150E tape backups.  I know that you are suppose
>to be able to get 250 megabytes backed up on the 6250 tapes, and wanted to
>know what good or bad experiences anyone else has had with the above
>drive/tape combinations.  I assume the 6250 should work fine in the 2150E,
>but I am not sure if there are any strange quirks in the SCSI based version.

It will depend on how long you have had the tape drive.  I can't speak
for Archive, but Wangtek drives can sometimes support the 6250 tape.  I
spoke to Wangtek directly, and they told me that when the new 6250 tapes
were being designed/introduced they (Wangtek) redesigned their 150 meg
tape drives to support the new tape.  This tells me that there is
something different about these tapes.  I would suspect that the same
problem (whatever it is) will exist with the Archive.

JB
--
Jonathan Bayer		Intelligent Software Products, Inc.
(201) 245-5922		500 Oakwood Ave.