Mounting DOS partiton under AT&T UNIX 3.2 w/o VP/ix

Gary Heston gary at sci34hub.UUCP
Fri Jul 13 00:31:35 AEST 1990

In article <533 at dptechno.UUCP> dave at dptechno.UUCP (Dave Lee) writes:
>I have found by expermentation (and by a reference to DOS 3.2 compatibility)
>that if I make the dos partition less then 32M, AND I use the UNIX
>/etc/fdisk command to delete, then re-make the dos partition, then
>I can mount the dos fs.  I am using ISC 2.0.2 .

WARNING!! Always use the fdisk command supplied with your version of
*inx when changing the active partition. Using the {PC MS}-DOS fdisk
can kill your *inx partition...

One of my co-workers lost one, and then found the comment in the
documentation about not doing that.... I'm not certain of the exact
proceedures, since I just swap hard drives when I need DOS.

--
    Gary Heston     { uunet!sci34hub!gary  }    System Mismanager
   SCI Technology, Inc.  OEM Products Department  (i.e., computers)