g++/groff for i386? (emacs, and other things too)

Danny Quah dquah at athena.mit.edu
Thu Jul 12 22:26:06 AEST 1990

Thus far most helpful response to my posting from some days back:

>   I have gcc 1.37.1, g++ 1.37.0, libg++ 1.37.0 all working with the
>   INTERACTIVE assembler and linker. The binaries, include files,
>   documentation, and modified sources are available for the asking.

>   I am not quite ready to make my host a UUCP site thus I'd welcome
>   someone else to get the GNU C/C++ from me who could.

[Sorry I'm posting this without your permission (you know who you
are....) but I could get no mail path back to you to work.]

	Any takers for an FTP or UUCP site?  [FTP would be best of
course...]  As Harri Valkama has pointed out, it might be good to have
a US site to begin.

	In addition to Wilkes' posting and Farber's email message from
a few days back, there may also be more official moves afoot for a
386/ix gnuemacs.  I'll keep everyone posted.

	I'm out of town for a couple of days so send mail, but if
there's no immediate response you'll know why.  I'll get to everything
by Sunday latest.  I've tried to reply to everyone who's written to me
but with everything else that needs to be done at this time, I have
restricted myself to only so much experimentation with email addresses
that don't work.  I've been having problems with my mailer in the last
few weeks as well, so at least put something informative in your
.signature.

--
--Danny (dquah at athena.mit.edu, dquah at dolphin.mit.edu)
Dept. of Economics MIT, E52-274b, Cambridge MA 02139