Orphaned Response

brando at uicsl.csl.uiuc.edu brando at uicsl.csl.uiuc.edu
Wed Jul 11 00:36:00 AEST 1990

You seem to be one of the many of us that unfortunately have the same problem
with the Adaptec 1542x card and ISC 2.2.  What really yaks me off is that
everything works fine on 2.0.2, and after all the bug fixes associated with
2.0.2, I felt I had a stable system. I tried installing 3 different sets of
2.2 diskettes on my machine, all failing at different points with different
problems. Lucky me. I was so impressed by 2.0.2, that I bought a workstation
developer for 2.2 instead of upgrading my 2.0.2, so that I could get all of
the new manuals, etc. Now, $1500+ dollars later, I have a completely
unoperational system, hurrah ISC!!

Thank God I paid by American Express so that I can withold payment until
they get their act together....

Anyway, the moral of the story is your card is probably the same as a bunch
of others have (there is a list). So if you want your update for the "update"
I suggest you call 1 (800) 344-3896, wait on hold for 15-25 minutes, and
ask for David. He is the only winner I see at ISC. He is cool about telling
you whats happening up front.

As for ISC, everyone makes mistakes; I'll give 'em another try on this release
with the hopes that they can get it right. I came over from the SCO boat
because of the support/activation key/price bullshit, and it looks like
everyone is going to it.....Lucky us......

A very miffed off user who is trying to sound intelligent by offering ISC
another chance.........

Supportless,

Brandon

|  Brandon Brown                     | Internet: brando at uicsl.csl.uiuc.edu    |
|  Coordinated Science Laboratory    | UUCP:	 uiucuxc!addamax!brando!brown |
|  University of Illinois            | CompuServe: 73040,447                  |
|  Urbana, IL  61801                 | GEnie:    macbrando                    |