Wangtek model numbers?

Carsten Tschach oscar at eismond.uucp
Mon Jul 16 03:18:56 AEST 1990

egray at fthood.UUCP writes:

>I've just about decided to buy a Wangtek 5150ES tape backup, when I saw
>a very good price for a Wangtek model 5150PK.  Now I'm confused...
>
>Does anyone know what the different Wangtek model numbers mean?
>
>	5150ES
This is the 150 MB SCSI-Version

>	5150PK
This is the 150 MB Version with Wangtek's own interface

>Is there any one of the three (or perhaps more) models that would be
>best suited for ISC 2.02?

In ISC 2.02 you have drivers for the 5150PK (kconfig, configure Kernel, add
driver), but I heard that's also possible to use the 5150ES on an
Adaptec SCSI-Controller

--
     "Suddenly there comes a blinding flash....and then comes OSCAR !"

 INTERNET: tschach at kristall.chemie.fu-berlin.dbp.de
     UUCP: oscar at eismond.uucp    ...!unido!tmpmbx!einoed!eismond!oscar