Problems sending Mail - only appears with ELM 2.3 PL4

brad seller bseller at vpnet.chi.il.us
Thu Jul 12 15:55:05 AEST 1990

I am having a very strange problem with mail.  I send all my mail through
uucp to uunet.  When I send mail using either mail or mailx, all works well.
However, when I send mail out through ELM, I receive a message back from
uunet!uucp, with Subject "uuxqt cmd (rmail bseller!root) status (signal 0,
exit 65).  I have tried scouring the manual for an explanation of the signal
0 and status 65, but have had no luck.  I tested this problem by sending
myself a message with mail, and it came through fine, and then sending the
same message with ELM, and then the error.  I hope someone can explain what
the signal and status codes mean, so perhaps I can understand why only ELM
seems to break outgoing mail.  Thanks,

Brad Seller
uunet!bseller!brad