ISC Upgrade Cost

Jerry D. Pierce jdp at PacBell.COM
Sat Jul 7 00:46:10 AEST 1990

>jackv at turnkey.TCC.COM (Jack F. Vogel) writes:
>birch at felix.UUCP (Stephen Birch) writes:
>
>>I was very interested to read your comments. I currently own 2.0.2 Interactive
>>and have been very happy with it. However, ISC has now introduced an upgrade
>>(2.2) for which they want about $800!!!
>
>Huh?? Where do people come up with these high figures? What components are
>included in this price? I bought the upgrade for the OS (unlimited user)
>and the Development system. The OS cost $100, and the Dev. system was $200.

I have the Application Developer's set, unlimited user license.  I purchased
this software in January of this year.  I was quoted an upgrade price
directly from Interactive of $750.00 and one of their vendors quoted me
a price of $650.00!!

So, four months after shelling out a LARGE sum of cash to purchase
Interactive 2.02, I'm being told to spend another $650-$750 if I want
to stay current??

I hear that the upgrade to ESIX's revision D software is being offered
to their revision C users at $100.00 or so...   Now that's an upgrade!!

Just my .02 worth.

   Jerry Pierce
   pacbell!pbhyf!jdp

  "Ah, that would be the fate WORSE than the fate worse than death.  That
   must be pretty bad!" - Blackadder