SCO Xenix 2.3.1 and Adaptec 1542B

Ross Ridge ross at contact.uucp
Sun Jul 1 18:15:39 AEST 1990

We are having problems installing an Adaptec 1542B SCSI controller
on '386 AT box running SCO Xenix 2.3.1.  We're trying to run it with a
SCSI 700Mb 8000 series Maxtor HD, a SCSI tape drive, an MFM controler with
a two hard drives attached (one not installed in Phoenix BIOS CMOS),
and assorted other cards and periphs (VGA, 16 and 32 bit RAM, serial/paralel,
mutli-port serial, no floppies).  The Adaptec tries to find target 0 or
something and fails (we've tried it with both and either of the tape,
and the 700M HD on the bus).  We got no documentation with the Adaptec,
but we had a FAX of some sort of instalation card.  Our worse problem is
however is that we've just found that SCO's SCSI driver is just a stub.
Does SCO or Adaptec have a real SCSI driver?

Any help would be appreciated, we would like to get the new HD and tape
up and running as soon as possible.

							Ross Ridge
--
Ross Ridge								 //