getty problems again

Derek E. Terveer det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG
Sun Jul 22 17:40:34 AEST 1990

In article <9KMH2R at geminix.mbx.sub.org> gemini at geminix.mbx.sub.org (Uwe Doering) writes:
> max at maxsun.lgc.com (Max Heffler) writes:
>
> From your dialers file I'd suspect that you have result codes enabled
> even if getty is on the port. Try to set your EEPROM parameters to disable
> result codes by default (`ATQ1'). But then you have to enable it wherever
> you need it (`ATQ0'), in your dialers file for instance. The problem here
> is that the modem result string may confuse getty.

I specify atq5 on my trailblazer plus with satisfactory results  -- but i'm
also running uugetty on the port.  [The atq5 mode is defined as follows:

		The local modem will not report the RING
		result codes and it not report NO CARRIER,
		CONNECT, BUSY or RRING unless the connection
		was initiated with an ATD or ATA command.

		(From page 4-9 of rev A of the tb+ manual)
--
Derek Terveer		det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG