8 character site name fix for SCO UNIX??

Luce.wbst at XEROX.COM Luce.wbst at XEROX.COM
Tue Jul 10 06:55:01 AEST 1990

I recently bit the bullet & upgraded to SCO UNIX (386)  from my old
SCO Xenix (286).  My current major problem is that SCO UNIX uses 7 character
site names as an apparent maximum, and my site name is, and has been
8 characters.  Under the old SCO Xenix (2.2.3), I was running a patched
uucico, so that other sites would see me as the full 8 character site
name, however the structure of the UNIX version of uucico is sufficiently
different that I can't figure where to patch it, and I probably need to
patch a couple of other programs as well.

So my first question is:  Can anyone tell be what to do to make SCO UNIX
use my full 8 character site name?

Question #2	The supplied drivers for the IRWIN Mini-cassette, don't
		seem to work with my IRWIN drive.  Under SCO XENIX, I was
		using the patched drivers from sosco, and it worked fine.
		So can anyone point me at the patches/ or a procedure to get the
		irwin drivers to work with my poor old IRWIN Mini-cassette
		20M tape drive, under SCO UNIX 3.2 A?

		Thanks in advance for any information you can give me.

		Please respond directly to me, at luce.wbst at xerox.com,
		since until I get this sorted out, my home site is
		unavailable for exchanging/reading news.

			John

|USMail:  Xerox Corp. 800 Phillips Rd. W129/38B  Webster, NY  14580         |
|GV/PUP:  Luce.Wbst                                                         |
|NS    :  John R. Luce:Wbst129:Xerox                                        |
|ARPA  :  Luce.wbst at Xerox.COM                                               |
|BITNET:  Luce.wbst at Xerox.COM                                               |
|CSNET :  Luce.wbst%Xerox.COM at CSNET-RELAY.CSNET                             |
|UUCP:    ...!{amd|hplabs|ihnp4|rochester}!arisia.xerox.com!Luce.wbst       |
|         ...!{amd|hplabs|ihnp4|rochester}!arisia!Luce.wbst                 |