Graphic characters in Norton Utilities SYS-V

Rick Richardson rick at pcrat.uucp
Tue Jul 31 20:19:37 AEST 1990

In article <T:_47-2 at xds13.ferranti.com> peter at ficc.ferranti.com (Peter da Silva) writes:
>In article <1990Jul29.235310.6138 at pcrat.uucp> rick at pcrat.UUCP (Rick Richardson) writes:
>The biggest problem with DOS is that it encourages programs to do this
>sort of thing... and they break on the next generation, or on imperfect
>clones, or whatever. Applications should not have to replace the O/S, and
>on UNIX they don't.

Remember that a pre-condition was that ETI was fully supported, and
John said it was.  So, there is no chance this application will break.
Just that you may not be able to get the additional performance.

My point was that I see nothing wrong with making the display
performance available as an option.

-Rick
--
Rick Richardson | Looking for FAX software for UNIX/386 ??? Ask About: |Mention
PC Research,Inc.| FaxiX - UNIX Facsimile System (tm)                   |FAX# for