SCO-ISC Serial Numbers

Karl Klingman karl at rsiatl.UUCP
Sun Jul 15 08:35:27 AEST 1990

First SCO and then Interactive decided to practice the old rule:
"Do unto others BEFORE they do unto you."  I find this sort of behavior
repugnant.  I have had to install both systems for companies that I have
worked for and I find it to be a pain to have to deal with a bunch of
printed labels every time I want to install a package or call for support.

The real solution for both of these companies is simply: If you find a
company stealing your software, sue or prosecute them.  Don't make the
rest of us miserable, just because some pencil-necked bean counter
is having paranoid nightmares about someone getting something for free.

If installing the software becomes too much of a problem, I intend to
recommend other sources of Unix to my clients.  While I am sure that
Unix will become the operating system of the 90's, there is no guarantee
that SCO or Interactive will be major players once they've gotten
enough people mad.  I for one, am looking for other solutions.
--
Live Wild or Die.                   |  Karl Klingman
                                    |  American Research Group, Inc.
Onward though the fog. -- Oat Willy |  emory!rsiatl!arg!karl