Trouble in stalling ISC 2.2 with multiple SCSI drives.

Supoj Sutanthavibul paul at cs.utexas.edu
Tue Jul 3 17:29:05 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jun29.150947.19939 at chinet.chi.il.us> pdg at chinet.chi.il.us (Paul Guthrie) writes:
>Anyway, the host adaptor (Adaptec 1542A) hangs on one of the first
>disk accesses.  I tried hooking up the new drive as the only drive
>(changing terminations) and it installed OK, but after that and
>... have parity checking disabled.  Would enabling this help?

1)  Make sure you close the dip switch #7 on M2263SA.  It should be
    the switch for synchronous mode transfer.

2)  Remove the terminating resistors from the drive in the middle of
    the SCSI bus (in this case it's the M2263SA).  If you've tried this
    already, please ignore it.

3)  The parity checking doesn't seem to matter much.

4)  You can have any number of open connections in the middle of the bus.

supoj