PCI/TCP

Jack F. Vogel jackv at turnkey.tcc.com
Wed Jul 25 01:46:45 AEST 1990

In article <529 at fciva.FRANKLIN.COM> fciva!dag at uunet.uu.net (Daniel A. Graifer) writes:
>In article <445 at comcon.UUCP> tim at comcon.UUCP (Tim Brown) writes:
>
>Finally, Locus Computing is reachable on the net. I have the E-mail handle of
>one support person their from a couple of years ago.  Julia Broidy can be sent
>mail at seas.ucla.edu!lcc.jeb.  I don't know if she's still there.
         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
NOOOO!! Do not, I repeat, DO NOT use addresses of this form, they will bounce.
This sort of address was correct back more than a year ago when seas.ucla was
using an antiquated mailer developed internally and also used by us. Now they
are running the new AIX sendmail 5.61 (about to be released in service) so
normal RFC822 addresses should be used. Instead of the above, the address
should be formed seas.ucla.edu!lcc!jeb if you really want to route through
UCLA, however the Internet address jeb at locus.com will also work and will be
routed through uunet. Oh yes, and by the way, Julia is still at Locus.

Disclaimer: I may be Postmaster, but I still don't speak for LCC :-}.

Jack F. Vogel			jackv at locus.com
AIX370 Technical Support	       - or -
Locus Computing Corp.		jackv at turnkey.TCC.COM