Interesting ISC Support Policy

Jon Gefaell jon at savant.UUCP
Mon Jul 9 13:43:26 AEST 1990

In article <391 at synsys.UUCP> john at synsys.UUCP (John C. Rossmann) writes:
>In <44666 at ism780c.isc.com> support at ism780c.isc.com (Support account) writes:
>

>>The following will hopefully help to clear up any confusion regarding the
>>support policies of INTERACTIVE.

>Seeing this message from ISC's product support manager must fill the ESIX
>folks with joy -- if I were one of them, I'd have popped a bottle of Dom
>Perignon!

I wanted to add my Nickel's Worth here....

The folks at ESIX OBVIOUSLY feel quite diferently than the folks at ISC
Thank the goddess for that. I've called them (ESIX) TOO much, and they're
always professional, concerned, and competent. What can I say, when I
read this thread about the 'support' offered by ISC I can only shake my
head. I am responsible for a large number of sites at U.Va., and they use
a large number of products. Invariably, the larger companies treat the
customer like old garbage... Until consumers stop being martyrs, they
(vendors like ISC, Novell, IBM, Lotus, Ashton Tate, etc..) will continue to
do the very least they can to help us, and even show outright contempt..

--
+----------- Domain? DOMAIN? We Don't Need No Steeeenkin' Domain! -----------+