Esix console getty doesn't run.

Gary Coffman gary at ke4zv.UUCP
Thu Jul 26 20:07:04 AEST 1990

In article <1241 at ixos.UUCP> mars at ixos.UUCP (mars) writes:
>Hello,
>
>I am running Esix Ref C. Everything ran fine, till i sold my VGA monitor
>and hooked up a Sony CPD1402E multisync. Esix started up, ran. The next
>day booting Esix didn't work any more. Init complained with
>co: command respawning too rapidly: getty  (or similar)

Sounds like you didn't reinstall a serial cable properly. This is
causing getty to respawn. Disconnect any serial devices, edit
etc/inittab changing "respawn" to "off" for your gettys and run
"init q". This should stop the messages. Then check each serial
connection one at a time until you find the problem.

Gary