On SCO Unix 3.2, Can a uugetty (for a modem) run at 19200 baud?

Georg Nikodym gsn at sclcig.uucp
Sat Jul 14 12:00:32 AEST 1990

In article <1369 at beaudin.UUCP> john at beaudin.UUCP (John Beaudin) writes:
>Am I supposed to be able to set this up thru uunstall? I tried, but noticed
>that 19200 wasn't obviously supported. I didn't have success doing it
>manually either. Thanks all.

You're right.  /usr/lib/uucp/uugetty does not recognize the "B19200" mnemonic
in a gettydef.  You'll have to use "EXTA" for that.  I found this out by
using the -c option to check the gettydefs file.  It complaned.  So I used
strings to find out what the right one was.

What you might want to do is set up a different set of gettydefs for
your modem, so as to remove this problem (the problem being that getty
does seem to recognize "B19200", so you can't be lazy and use the same
gettydefs for getty and uugetty.

Hope that helped,
| Georg S. Nikodym  -  (416) 442-2238                                       |
| Southam Business Information and Communications Group, Don Mills, Ontario |
| gsn at sclcig.UUCP -or- ...!uunet!moore!sclcig!gsn                           |
| "The floggings will continue until morale improves" -Jose Castel-Branco   |