SCO Professional Rel. 2 under ISC 2.0.2

Rick Richardson rick at pcrat.uucp
Fri Jul 20 00:35:29 AEST 1990

In article <722 at sci34hub.UUCP> gary at sci34hub.sci.com (Gary Heston) writes:
>Some folks in another department are running a system with ISC 2.0.2,
>	Will SCO Professional Release 2 run under ISC 2.0.2? Anybody

In the release notes for ISC 2.2, it is implied that SCO Professional
works, because they provide a bug workaround when using SCO Pro on
an xt-layers type of terminal (AT&T 630, 5620).

As for whether it really works, I can't say.

Although ISC probably doesn't want to be in the software warrantee
business, it would be nice if in addition to the 62 pages of HW
compat and config information, there was a section for SW compat.
Even though systems are 'sposed to be binary compatible, people
sometimes need reassurance (me included!).  For the popular apps,
they could make four lists: don't know, doesn't work, seems to
work, and it works (but don't blame us if it doesn't).

-Rick
--
Rick Richardson | Looking for FAX software for UNIX/386 ??? Ask About: |Mention
PC Research,Inc.| FaxiX - UNIX Facsimile System (tm)                   |FAX# for