sco unix 3.2 - printing binary data query

hank barta hb at vpnet.chi.il.us
Mon Jul 2 03:55:05 AEST 1990

| When I submit a certain file containing non-textual data for printing
| on a dot matrix printer, some operating system entity apparently filters
| out some of the bytes.

How are you submitting this to the printer? I use the print spooler
(for which the setup seems to be one of the more challenging aspects
in Unix) and pass it nroff output which includes various control
codes.

I would guess that if you use something like 'cat >/dev/lp0' that cat
might strip out control codes.