VGA ROM images for SCO ODT - Any success stories?

Erik Fortune erik at westworld.esd.sgi.com
Wed Jul 18 11:35:14 AEST 1990

In article <38844 at sequent.UUCP>, kevinr at sequent.UUCP (Kevin W. Rudd) writes:
> 	Has anyone been successful in creating a DOS image off of their VGA
> board ROMs?  I have tried both the Cardinal VGA600 and most recently the
> Orchid ProDesigner+ with no success.  The Cardinal did not surprise me as it
> was not even listed as "not supported, but reported to work" in the release
> notes.  The ProDesigner on the other hand is a major disappointment to me.

I've created and routinely use a DOS image which uses the adapter specific
BIOS for my Ahead VGA Wizard (1 meg), which is an unsupported device.  The
tools that came with the wizard all work, as does vpic in 1024x768x256 mode.
I didn't have to do anything special to make it work, so unfortunately
I can't help you debug the problem you're having...

Best of luck!

-- Erik
   (erik at sgi.com)