"PANIC: kernel mode trap. Type 0x0000000E" msg in 386/ix 2.0.2 ?????

Peter Jannesen peter at ncsbv.UUCP
Wed Jul 18 08:07:36 AEST 1990

In article <9480 at bunny.GTE.COM> jdg0 at GTE.COM (Jose Diaz-Gonzalez) writes:
>Hi there,
>
>My machine has been crashing about twice daily for the last week or so.
>The msg in the subject line shows up with all the register contents just
>before it crashes.  I have contacted my vendor, they contacted ISC, and
>all they were able to tell me was that it the problem is a hardware
>error.  Now, I've run my diagnostics (I'm using an AT&T 6386E/33) and
>everything appears to be OK.  Does anyone have any idea of what a type
>0x0000000E error means?  This might help me to narrow down the
>alternatives.   Any pointers will be appreciated.  Thanks,

Panic 0x00000E is a memory violation of the kernel. This can by a hardware
problem. a other posibilty is a bug in the TCP/IP modules in the kernel.
There is a bug in the TCP/IP streams module which generate a memory violation.

This is a very old problem in 368/ix version 2.0.2. Our hope is that the
new version in better.

Peter Jannesen
Network Communication Systems (N.C.S), The Netherlands
Phone:  +31104130093				 Fax:    +31104146452
Address: Westbaak 96                             Email:  peter at ncsbv
	 3012 KM Rotterdam, The Netherlands