Reply summary for ESIX mail-order

Jose Gomez-Rubio SEED Student jose at hpsad.HP.COM
Tue Jun 12 06:35:17 AEST 1990

Below is summary of replies for ESIX mail-order outlets.
#
>From bir7 at portia.stanford.edu

I bought my copy from The Programmer's Ship 1-800-421-8006.  Hope this
helps.  Rev D is expected in about a weak, so I would hold out until then.
#
>From uu.psi.com!grebyn!naba

Just received a catalog from "The Programmer's Shop" 1-800-421-8006
They list ESIX/V 386 2-user dev. sys. for $569, tech manuals for $319.
I don't use ESIX--just looked this up from the catalog.
#
>From kaleb at mars.Jpl.Nasa.Gov

The Southern CA (L.A. area) distributor is a guy named Dean Souleles.
You can reach him at (818) 893-7558.
#
>From phil at lindy.Stanford.EDU

I know this guy named Bill Gitow and his company System V is selling
ESIX and other Unix os.  He is a pleasant guy to work with and give him a
call and he might give you a deal on ESIX.  His number is 408-866-0343 and
his email is billg%netcom.UUCP at apple.com.
#
>From cornett at seattle.crd.ge.com

Here is one source for ESIX (I obtained mine here).

   Computer Buying Service   1-800-888-2983

The sales rep is Jerry Wallace.  You can send mail to him via
internet at  73340.2775 at compuserve.com
#
>From paul at cs.utexas.edu Mon Jun 11 02:19 PDT 1990

The Programmer's Shop 800-421-8006.