How: Remote print spooling (ISC 2.0.2 -> BDS 4.3)?

Colonel Panic aland at infmx.UUCP
Sat Jun 9 05:48:57 AEST 1990

In article <7625 at tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM> keithe at tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM (Keith Ericson) writes:
>I would greatly appreciate it if someone (Hey! How 'bout YOU!?) would be good
>enough to point me in the direction of the information/instructions I need to
>get my ISC 2.0.2 system to be able to use a networked (TCP/IP, NFS) BSD4.3
>machine (VAX-11/785) for its attached printer devices.
>
>I've made a first pass at the shelf full of documentation (thinking "it _must_
>be in here somewhere; everything *else* is!!!) but haven't stumbled upon it
>(if it's even there to trip over) yet.
>Muchly thank yew.
>kEITHe

If anyone has useful info here, I, too would appreciate it.  Please
post.  (In my case, going from AT&T 6386s to Sun 3 hosts).

>PS - bonus points: does anyone recall what the acronym SPOOL stands for?

How about "Simultaneous Peripheral Operations On-Line" ...

--
Alan Denney # Informix # aland at informix.com # {pyramid|uunet}!infmx!aland

 "The driver says, 'One more cup of coffee and I'll be all right...'
  'Pop a Bennie, another Bennie'..."             - The Bobs, "Bus Plunge"