rn

Ron Kuris ron at rdk386.uucp
Mon Jun 4 18:20:08 AEST 1990

In article <15 at astph.UUCP> joe at astph.UUCP (Joe Broniszewski) writes:
>I got Larry Wall's program rn (patchlevel 44) from a
>Usenet archive tape we bought last year.  We are
>running 386/ix.  I keep having problem getting it to
>compile.  The program ngdata.c bombs and dies during
>make.  Any suggestions?  Thank you for your help.

#ifdef FLAME
I hate messages like this.
#else
#ifdef MILDFLAME
Could you please describe "bombs and dies"?  Does this mean that graphic
bombs are displayed on your screen and finally the power goes out?  I think
it might be a hardware problem if these are the symptoms.  Is 'ngdata.c'
really a program, or just a C source file?
#else
Could you give us the error message and the line number, perhaps with the
few lines of source around the problem, to help someone diagnose this better?
#endif
#endif
...!pyramid!unify!rdk386!ron -or- ...!ames!pacbell!sactoh0!siva!rdk386!ron
It's not how many mistakes you make, its how quickly you recover from them.