AT&T UNIX 3.2 and SCSI WD7000-FASST HA question

Amrit Bains apb at lzga.ATT.COM
Wed Jun 6 03:38:30 AEST 1990

Hi folks,

I have an AT&T 6386 WGS Model S (Really an INTEL 386/33 motherboard)
16 Meg RAM, WD7000-FASST SCSI HOST ADAPTER and an WREN SCSI Drive.
It has an ADVANCED PHOENIX BOIS and is running AT&T SVR3.2 UNIX
with a AT&T SCSI Driver.

I am trying to install the same UNIX system on a 386/25 clone
which has the same Western Digital WD7000-FASST SCSI host
adapter, 80 Meg SCSI Seagate Drive, with an AMI BOIS.

But when I try to boot from the diskette using the boot floppy
for AT&T UNIX, It does not recognize the SCSI disk.  But if I
use the same boot floppy on the Model S it has no problem recognizing
the SCSI drive.

Am I missing something..., is it possible that the BIOS has something
that the AT&T SCSI driver asks for.

I have not yet tried using the SST SCSI driver for UNIX provided by
Columbia data products.

Any help, suggestions would be appreciated.

Amrit Bains
apb at lzga.att.com
uunet!attmail!apb