SysV3.2 doesn't know Postscipt. So what.

Vidiot brown at vidiot.UUCP
Sat Jun 9 03:41:00 AEST 1990

In article <75Oq02tRadot01 at amdahl.uts.amdahl.com> dacseg at uts.amdahl.com (Scott E. Garfinkle) writes:
<From article <51 at raysnec.UUCP>, by shwake at raysnec.UUCP (Ray Shwake):
<> In article <sean.644531308 at s.ms.uky.edu> sean at ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) writes:
<>>Are the AT&T people stupid, or what? Did they think no one was ever going
<>>to use postscript? What shortsightedness. What a *pain*.
<
<Since AT&T doesn't even support DWB anymore, I can hardly fault them.  If
<you want a free typesetting package get TeX.  If you want troff, get Elan
<or a competitor.

But AT&T still supports DWB.  The 3.0 version is in Beta test at AT&T sites
now and includes PostScript support.

<So get MS Word for Unix from SCO.  I'm curious where you got DWB for your 386;
<I thought the only way to get n/troff for the 386 was from Elan, et al., who
<all include postscript drivers.  Alternatively, get vp/ix and run your favorite
<DOS package under it.  I use MS Word.

The ISC Unix package as an optional Text Processing package, which is DWB2.0.
--
      harvard\     att!nicmad\        spool.cs.wisc.edu!astroatc!vidiot!brown
Vidiot  ucbvax!uwvax..........!astroatc!vidiot!brown