DTK motherboards and ISC 2.2?

Norman Kohn nvk at ddsw1.MCS.COM
Sat Jun 30 10:52:08 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jun27.183454.13489 at unx.sas.com> sastdr at unx.sas.com (Thomas David Rivers) writes:

>   I noticed the recent discussion about DTK motherboards and ISC version 2.2.
>
>   I was considering buying ISC v2.2, but I own the older DTK KEEN 2000
>  motherboard; so naturally, I am concerned.
>
>   Do these problems relate strictly to the newer PEM2500 board, or would
>  they be evident on my non-cacheing KEEN2000 board as well?  In other words,
>  does anyone know if version 2.2 works on a DTK KEEN 2000 (20mhz) machine??

I missed the earlier DTK discussion (crash caused loss of news feed)
but have had some experience.  A 25 Mhz cache board purchased one
year ago (PEM2500?) runs ISC 2.0.2 ok, but fails randomly with
1542 SCSI board though it passes the board's on-board tests: I finally
had to swap it out.  An older Wedge motherboard (20 Mhz, no cache)
is less flashy but runs reliably.

Anyone have copies of the earlier DTK discussion?

--
Norman Kohn   		| ...ddsw1!nvk
Chicago, Il.		| days/ans svc: (312) 650-6840