Interactive UNIX 2.2 (really V.3 and V.4)

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.ferranti.com
Thu Jun 7 00:31:25 AEST 1990

In article <1094 at sixhub.UUCP> davidsen at sixhub.UUCP (bill davidsen) writes:
|   Not what I said... I don't want to run my directories elsewhere and
| hack all the news software plus all the utilities I have inhereted and
| written, etc.

It doesn't require "hacking". Every program I've ever seen that does
anything with news has a pretty complete set of #defines and config questions
for this purpose. I've never had to edit one ".c" file to get a program to
deal with my directory structure.

Not that symbolic links aren't incredibly useful, but they're not as
vital as everyone seems to think. And since V.4 is going to be a while
yet, at least as a stable system, it's worth-while going to a bit of
effort to do without.
--
`-_-' Peter da Silva. +1 713 274 5180.  <peter at ficc.ferranti.com>
 'U`  Have you hugged your wolf today?  <peter at sugar.hackercorp.com>