Interesting ISC Support Policy

Larry Jones scjones at thor
Wed Jun 27 23:42:12 AEST 1990

In article <2661 at uakari.primate.wisc.edu>, bin at primate.wisc.edu (Brain in Neutral) writes:
> You evidently waited a year before
> installing your purchase (if I read the first paragraph correctly).  You
> should have at least read the support policy to find out what constraints
> you would be operating under.  Of course if that policy wasn't supplied
> with your software, you have a more legitimate gripe.

No, you misunderstood.  Someone ELSE at my company had bought something
a year ago, our software had just arrived when we tried installing it.

My point is that the fact that someone at a company has purchased a
product from a vendor in the past is not a valid reason to refuse to
provide support for a new purchase of the same product.  ISC's position
appears to be to refuse to provide support not only for additional
purchases of the same product, but even purchase of a different product!
----
Larry Jones                         UUCP: uunet!sdrc!scjones
SDRC                                      scjones at SDRC.UU.NET
Milford, OH  45150-2789             AT&T: (513) 576-2070
"This probably just goes to show something, but I sure don't know what."
-Calvin