Miniscribe 9780 & adaptec 2322b

neese at adaptex.UUCP neese at adaptex.UUCP
Thu Jun 14 06:24:00 AEST 1990

>/* ---------- "Miniscribe 9780 & adaptec 2322b" ---------- */
>I currently have a 3180e Miniscribe 157 mb disk using an adaptec 2322b
>controller.  I would like to replace it with a 9780 Miniscribe 676 mb
>ESDI disk. Does anyone know if this disk is compatible with the 2322b
>controller?  Will I have to get another controller?  Will it run under
>SCO UNIX 3.2?  If someone could inform me before I spend the money for
>the disk, I would be greatful.  Thanks.

The 9780 Miniscribe is a 15Mhz drive.  You will need to replace the controller
unless it is a 2322B-8 or 2322B-16.  The label on the controller will
indicate this.  Although, if you can wait a little longer (a month or so) the
2322D will be in distribution and that will run up to 20Mhz drives, but also
has 64K of cache on the controller.  Cost is about the same as the 2322B-16.

			Roy Neese
			Adaptec Senior SCSI Applications Engineer
			UUCP @  uunet!swbatl!texbell!
				  {cpe,merch,nominil}!adaptex!neese
				uunet!mlite!adaptex!neese