MiniScribe drives and AHA1542A

Admin root at hacker.UUCP
Sat Jun 16 22:53:24 AEST 1990

I found a MiniScribe 380Mb SCSI drive (320 formatted) for $999 which seems a
good enough price, but I'm concerned about compatibility.  I don't know the
model number, but somebody out there should be able to figure it out from the
capacity.

Any way what I really wanted to know is whether this is as good as it seems?
I want to use it with an Adaptec host adapter 1542A (what else?) under Esix.
I'd like to make this purchase within the next week, so any comments or
warnings are welcome.  Thanks in advance. -- SMY