Interactive UNIX 2.2 (really V.3 and V.4)

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Wed Jun 6 08:17:00 AEST 1990

In article <+CX3CVG at xds13.ferranti.com> peter at ficc.ferranti.com (Peter da Silva) writes:
| In article <1067 at sixhub.UUCP> davidsen at sixhub.UUCP (bill davidsen) writes:
| >   I want symbolic links, so I can put /usr/lib/news and /usr/spool/news
| > in one filesystem by itself.
|
| It's dead-easy to do this anyway. I have /work1/news/lib and
| /work1/news/spool. Both B and C news let you put your lib and spool
| directories *anywhere*.

  Not what I said... I don't want to run my directories elsewhere and
hack all the news software plus all the utilities I have inhereted and
written, etc. I want to use standard names for things but have them
elsewhere. This works in V.4.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX