Monochrome VGA not supported by SCO

Fred Rump fred at cdin-1.UUCP
Thu Jun 14 02:12:12 AEST 1990

In article <RON.90Jun11184055 at mlfarm.uucp> ron at mlfarm.uucp (Ronald Florence) writes:
>This is a sad tale of broken promises and false assurances.
>
>In August of last year, I ordered an upgrade to Xenix 2.3.2, which I
>was assured by the salesperson at SCO "would fully support the VGA

[discussion of promises made deleted]

>In other words, although they have the needed fix, SCO will not
>release it -- even to bring Xenix up to the level of functionality
>they promised when they sold the upgrade to version 2.3.2.  Those of
>us with monochrome displays are left in the lurch.

>I have been a loyal SCO customer for many years.  If broken promises
>are the reward for that loyalty, I will think long and hard about
>where to look for the next version of Unix.  This is no way to treat
>a friend!

This is not nice!

I would have thought more of SCO 'marketing' folks had I not read the above
note.

We, too, have several mono VGA's waiting here for functionality.  I just
assumed it was just a matter of time, not policy, before the fix was made
available.

I can certainly understand that somewhere along the way the line is drawn as
far as enhancements go with Xenix, but this is a product deficiency that needs
to be resolved before the curtain can be drawn.

I hope marketing at SCO will not fall victim to buraucratic bungling just to
make a point and release this fix to those who request it.

fred

--
Fred Rump              | UUCP:  {uunet dsinc}!cdin-1!fred
CompuData, Inc.        | "Beware of cats for they are subtle and will .... on