Have you any experience with SCO's Portfolio on 386/ix?

Larry Williamson larry at focsys.uucp
Tue Jun 12 03:46:23 AEST 1990

We have been using SCO's Professional (Lotus clone) and have found it
to be very good. We would like to add some of the other SCO utilities
to our system, namely

. Lyrix (wordprocessor)
. ImageBuilder (graphics generator)
. MasterPlan (project management)
. Integra (SQL RDBMS)

Other possible options are:

. MS Word 5.1 instead of Lyrix. I would like to ask which is "better",
but defining "better" is very difficult. Let us just say, we are not a
publishing house. We write letters, proposal, light documentation,
etc.

. Informix SQL instead of Integra.  We are already using Informix for
our production systems. I expect we will continue to use informix in
the office, but some felt it wise to investigate Integra. Maybe it is
easier for non techies to work with??

We do not need sophisticated packages, just easy to use, functional
packages that work well with 386/ix.

If you have any experience with these packages, we would love to hear
from you. Whether you use them, install them, support them, love them,
hate them, delete them, etc, etc.

Please post, maybe others want to know too. If I get much mail, I will
post (an anonymous) summary. (ie, no incriminating names).

-larry