Which SCSI disk and tape drives for

Ray Shwake shwake at raysnec.UUCP
Mon Jun 11 04:22:13 AEST 1990

In article <29600006 at adaptex> neese at adaptex.UUCP writes:

>I deal a lot with the Imprimis engineers and I can tell you that things
>are running as before.  They are still recognized as the class act of the
>hard disk world.

I hope this remains the case. I have a lot of respect for the engineers
at CDC/Imprimis and their small disk drives, but a number of items
encountered since the purchase lead some of us to watch and wait. Among
these: 1) the phone changeover to a 900-service, requiring you to PAY
at some unspecified rate to talk to Technical Support; 2) pending
litigation by, I believe, Conner charging that Seagate is holding up
critical drive parts formerly provided by CDC; and 3) a posting recently
that spare parts are becoming harder to obtain since the takeover.