i486, ISC 2.0.2, VPIX, Orchid Prodesigner Plus = bad news

Anthony Shipman als at bohra.cpg.oz
Mon Jun 4 21:38:15 AEST 1990

In article <9006032202.aa29658 at PARIS.ICS.UCI.EDU>, baxter at zola.ICS.UCI.EDU (Ira Baxter) writes:
> VPIX + Prodesigner locks up in funny ways; once you lock up the
> /dev/console, you have to re-boot.  Commenting out VGAROM, EGAROM in
> Anybody used the STB VGA board like this?  There is another VGA board

I have an STB EM-16 board (1024x768x16 colours). It locks up with VP/ix too.
This only happens when I exit from VP/ix back to UNIX. Solution: Never exit, I
just leave it running in a virtual screen and eventually powerdown. I have
never used it with X.

Anthony Shipman                               ACSnet: als at bohra.cpg.oz.au
Computer Power Group
9th Flr, 616 St. Kilda Rd.,