core and swap map program needed

david scott coburn scottc at bnlux0.bnl.gov
Wed Jun 13 00:11:28 AEST 1990

I am looking for a program that will display information on how core
and swap memory is being used.  I am about to increase the disk capacity
on my system, so I would like to know if I need to allocate more (or
less, if possible) swap space.  I am also considering increasing the
ram size, and I would like to know if this is really neccesary.

A nice visual representation of the allocations would be nice, but not
neccesary.  I saw a program called 'mapmem' or such go by in comp.unix.
sources (I think).  It was exactly what I wanted, but it only worked
on an AT&T 3B2 or such...

I would also be interested in any information on where and how the kernel
stores the lists of available and used core and swap memory.

I am running INTERACTIVE UNIX 386/ix version 2.0.2 (UNIX V.3.2) on an
Intel 302-25.  Any info would be welcome.

Thanks,

scott coburn                                brookhaven national laboratory
scottc at max.bnl.gov [130.199.128.6]                          upton, ny, usa