ISC 386/ix NFS & TCP/IP problem

John M. Haugen haugen at bulus3.BMA.COM
Sat Jun 2 02:45:29 AEST 1990

In article <1183 at media01.UUCP>, rzo at media01.UUCP (Rob Zomerdijk) writes:
.  .  .
> . . .  Now for some reason, at arbitrary
> moments, the network software fails when performing an action on the
> remote filesystem.  We get an error message like :
>
> NFS getattr failed for server media01: PROG VERS MISMATCH

.  .  .

> Sometimes the message is different depending on the action performed
> (eg. RPC: PRG VERS MISMATCH).

I have seen the same problem here.  I have the same versions of TCP/IP and
NFS.

In my case though, The remote mounted filesystems are exported from a Sun4 and
a Sun2.  Interactive System's support gave me the same info about using
rpcinfo to get additional information.  They did not give any idea as to what
could be causing the problem.

Maybe the new release of TCP/IP coming out with 2.2 won't have this problem.
We will see . . .

> | Rob Zomerdijk   | EMAIL: rzo at media01.UUCP      |      ____ _____   ______  |
> | Mediasystemen   |        ...!hp4nl!media01!rzo |     /   /    _/  /     /  |
> | Postbox 4932    |                              |    /___/   _/   /     /   |
> | 2003 EX Haarlem | VOICE: + 31-23-319075        |   / \    _/    /     /    |
> | The Netherlands | FAX  : + 31-23-315210        |  /   \  /____ /_____/     |

John M. Haugen               Domain:  haugen at BMA.COM
Bull Micral of America       UUCP:    ...!uunet!bulus3!haugen
900 Long Lake Road           ATT:  612-633-5660