benchmark: 386/20 vs SparcStation 1

Dr. Srodawa srodawa at vela.acs.oakland.edu
Sat Jun 9 12:30:34 AEST 1990

I ran the byte unix benchmarks on a SparcStation-1 and a 386-16 with 64K
cache, 4Mbyte main store running SCO Xenix '386 2.3.2.  I too found the
Sparc about 4 times faster. (80387 was installed).  Interesting enough,
in the simulated concurrent user load at the end of the benchmarks
Xenix closed slightly on the Sparc as the concurrent processes increased.
All in all, the 80386 and Xenix stood up pretty well to the challenge.
(Yes, that was the Xenix product and not Unix).

--
| Ronald J. Srodawa               | Internet: srodawa at unix.secs.oakland.edu |
| School of Engineering and CS    | UUCP:     srodawa at egrunix.UUCP          |