SYNC or swim (was Re: ??)

Colonel Panic aland at infmx.UUCP
Sun Jun 17 18:42:56 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jun14.050631.8587 at hub.cs.jmu.edu> arch at hub.cs.jmu.edu (Arch Harris) writes:

>there is a bug in the XENIX emulator for SCO UNIX.  Programs which
>open for reading and/or writing with O_SYNC set will not work.
>SCO has been notified of the bug, they have acknowledged it, and
>presumable they are working on a bug fix.
>    Arch Harris                 arch at hub.cs.JMU.EDU (134.126.20.10)

I thought that in XENIX, the flag in question was known as "O_WSYNC".

My understanding is that O_SYNC is unique to System V, Release
2.something or 3 and higher...  and that it never existed in XENIX.

Are we talking about two different things, or was that a typo?

--
Alan Denney # Informix # aland at informix.com # {pyramid|uunet}!infmx!aland

 "She makes champagne out of 7-Up and cheap wine -- a Chemist."
                                   "Earth to Doris",   Was (Not Was)