FAS on SCO ODT ???

Bill England wengland at stephsf.UUCP
Sun Jun 17 03:17:07 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jun15.020958.594 at dynsim2.uucp> vlr at dynsim2.uucp (Vic Rice) writes:
>Has anybody had any success implementing the FAS async driver under
>SCO ODT (UNIX 5.3.2).
>
>I would really like to get this working, especially since SCO's
>uugetty is broken. This forces me to muck around with enable/disable
>since I have only one serial port for both incoming and outgoing
>traffic.

   It is?  I've been using uugetty on stephsf for both logins and
   uucp traffic for about 4 months and have had no problems.

   The functions of 'getty' that are supposed to allow uucp to work
   are broken or not implemented however, so you must run uugetty
   to allow logins and uucp. (Equipment 386 20Mhz, DTK with 8Megs )

>I have an ALR PowerVEISA w/ 386 and standard 2 port com board
>(Everex Magic I/O).
>
>Does the SCO sio driver need to be disabled (SCO doesn't have an "asy"
>driver as referenced in the docs) ? If so, how ?

   [ Details Ommited ]

>the usual, an "F1" appears on the left of the screen and its
>"deep sleep" time.
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>--
>Dr. Victor L. Rice
>Litwin Process Automation

  This all sounds _very_ interesting.  I was considering trying to
  get 'The Final Async Solution' running here as well but I was first
  going to see if the com ports would run at 19.2 without my mucking
  with them.  I'll have a Telebit in a short while and will be able to
  test with that.

  Please continue to post summarys of this work!  I'm very interested
  in the details and will look it over and make suggestions if I'm
  able!

 +--------
 |  Bill England
 |  Stephen Software Systems, Inc.,   Tacoma Wa.
 |  wengland at stephsf.com              +1 206 564 2122

  * *      H -> He +24Mev
 * * * ... Oooo, we're having so much fun making itty bitty suns *
  * *