Xwindows on ISC, SCO, ESIX

David Mason mason at oct1.UUCP
Wed Jun 27 01:33:21 AEST 1990

In article <1065 at fiver.UUCP> palowoda at fiver.UUCP (Bob Palowoda) writes:

>   I'm curious. Who has a setup where let's say SCO X-Windows is a
>client and ISC or ESIX is the server?

Yep, did exactly that here the other day.  We made an ISC '386 a
server (X11.3) and ran an SCO 3.2 ODT '486 [Has the client, linked
with TCP/IP over thin ethernet.  Worked like a shot.  Couple of screen
things to set up, but nothing unusual.  Performance was excellent.  X-
eyes was very responsive.  It didn't work very nicely the other way, as
the ISC box only has a herculies screen, and ODT couldn't control it
cleanly.  It left garbage on the screen all the time, like bits of boxes.