Which SCSI disk and tape drives for Xenix/UNIX

John C. Archambeau jca at pnet01.cts.com
Thu Jun 7 12:57:13 AEST 1990

richard at pegasus.com (Richard Foulk) writes:
>>We're looking at SCSI drives (to run with the Adaptec 1542B SCSI controller
>>under SCO Xenix 386 GT). We heard that the quality of the Wren series has
>>suffered since it has been made by Seagate. Is there any truth in this?
>
>I'd be surprised if Seagate has had enough time since taking over the
>Wren stuff to screw them up.  Then again, if anyone can screw up a
>hard disk, Seagate can.

Oh yea, I had a Wren VI DOA.  Whether Seagate screwed it up or not is still to
be decided.  I have NEVER seen an Imprimis drive that was DOA.

     // JCA

 /*
 ** Flames  : /dev/null                     | Small memory model only for
 ** ARPANET : crash!pnet01!jca at nosc.mil     | Unix?  Get the (*bleep*) out
 ** INTERNET: jca at pnet01.cts.com            | of here!
 ** UUCP    : {nosc ucsd hplabs!hd-sdd}!crash!pnet01!jca