SCO ODT - DOSmerge problem

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Sun Jun 10 13:05:42 AEST 1990

  I just got fractint13 for c.b.i.p and was tesdting it on systems with
(a) Xenix/386+VP/ix and (b) ODT. Under VP/ix it ran fine, everything
worked. On ODT the Cntl-Up (uparrow) didn't work. I recall that this
problem used to be in VP/ix before update A. Is this a bug in VP/ix (and
just by coincidence in DOSmerge) or is it a bug in SCO o/s which got
fixed in Xenix but not (yet) in ODT?

  If anyone is running merge under other UNIX's I would like to hear,
any version of fractint back to 9.3 will show the same problem.

  Speed note: on a 25MHz 386, a large 800x600 section took 55 sec with
VP/ix. On a 25MHz 486 with DOSmerge the same section took 45 sec.
Unfortunately I do not currently have two identical systems on which to
test. The 486 took 22 sec under native DOS, so don't guess that the
video is the limiting factor, that doesn't seem to be the case.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX